Employer: Transport Workers Union of Australia
Work Type/s: Full Time
Classification/s: Advocacy & Campaigns, Communications & Marketing, Unions & Workers Rights
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Location: Sydney and Greater Sydney
Job posted on: Friday 25 November
Applications close: Wednesday 7 December
Transport Workers’ Union of Australia NSW Branch
The Transport Workers’ Union of Australia (TWU) is one of Australia’s leading campaigning trade unions, holding some of the biggest companies in the world to account over their treatment of workers, such as Amazon, Aldi, Uber and Qantas.
The TWU has led the charge in highlighting and tackling exploitation in the gig economy, while mounting high-profile challenges to Qantas over safety and the illegal outsourcing of 2,000 ground crew and cabin cleaners. Since it was founded, the TWU has represented the interests of truck drivers and logistics workers, exposing the financial pressures by major retailers, manufacturers, and oil companies on road transport – Australia’s deadliest industry. The NSW branch works closely with members in buses and waste to improve safety and fair services for our communities.
Communications plays a key role in our campaigning, organising and lobbying work. We work in an exciting, fast-paced environment to update and activate our membership, recruit workers to the union, expose worker abuses, and hold companies to account in the media. The NSW branch is the largest in the union and has been integral in leading protest actions and convoys to Canberra to achieve reform commitments to make transport safer, fairer and more sustainable.
We are seeking someone with excellent writing skills, an eye for design, an ear for a good story, an understanding of social media and digital strategy, and the ability to translate complex messages into simple, clear and engaging communications. In this role, you will have the opportunity to drive a strategic communications plan that promotes digital engagement and member activation to give transport workers a powerful voice.
- Write and prepare a range of digital and print materials to engage and update the membership in our campaigns and bargaining
- Develop and implement a digital strategy for the NSW Branch social media, website and emails, including writing and design of high-quality content
- Write and prepare the member journal magazine with an external designer
- Write a fortnightly column and enewsletter
- Ensure consistent campaign messaging and brand in all media and communications
- Write press releases and build relationships with journalists
- Help to organise conferences, member actions and media events
- Build relationships with other departments to identify and progress communications opportunities to support organising, campaigning, legal cases and recruitment
- Monitor the media and brief TWU officials, members and activists when appropriate
- Help build the profile of the TWU and its leadership
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and brief them on TWU campaign activity and legal cases
- Identify and maintain a bank of well-briefed worker spokespeople
- Take photos and videos of members at events and actions
- Take responsibility for brand and merchandise
- Any other required functions
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL IDEALLY HAVE:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An eye for design and attention to detail
- Experience in digital communications
- Experience in writing for diverse audiences
- Experience in communications and campaign strategy desirable
- Ability to work under pressure and respond quickly to changing situations
- An understanding of the Australian media landscape
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building and managing relationships
- Some experience in design, social media, brand, activism tools, photography and videography
- Experience with CRM and CMS systems desirable
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- An understanding and commitment to labor values
To apply, please provide a short cover letter and CV to email@example.com. For a confidential discussion about this role, please contact Pippa Hatton, Tel: 02 8114 6500.