We are backing our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander members, families, friends and communities in this historic campaign. Here’s why:
- We are answering the call of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples who want our movement’s support for a Voice to Parliament in the constitution.
- For over 100 years, parliaments have enacted laws and failed policies that have often entrenched discrimination and disadvantage, such as forcing Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples to work for free or below legal minimum wages.
- The minimum First Nations peoples deserve is that their voices be respected and listened to before laws & policies are made that directly affect them.
It’s time we open our nation’s next chapter by voting ‘YES’ at the referendum.
How you can get involved:
- Sign your name to receive updates on how to get behind the campaign.
- Post on social media using these graphics:
3. Tell your friends and workmates to do the same!